Today I spent a really nice day with my Mom, going to one of our favorite craft stores, and spending all too long there! (To give you an idea just HOW long, we had eaten a nice lunch at home just before going and by the time we got back we were absolutely famished for our next meal!)
Now for any man, this sounds like an absolutely miserable day, and one they would trade for just about ANY other task on the planet, but for us, it was a really fun way to spend the afternoon. 🙂
Well, being as my mother was staying for dinner, and knowing that as far as she’s concerned, no meal is complete without some chocolate to end it with, and being as I had no dessert in the house, there was definitely some baking in my future!
I decided to make us brownies (minus all the allergy foods and the refined sugar of course!) and these are what followed. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! 🙂
1 1/4 C GF flour
2/3 C cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBLP ground flax
1 C pure maple syrup
1/3 C unsweetened coconut or almond milk
1/4 C safflower oil
1/2 C applesauce
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Grease an 8 by 8 glass baking dish.
* In a med/large mixing bowl, sift all dry ingredients together with a whisk.
* add all wet ingredients to your dry mixture and combine well.
* using a rubber spatula, pour batter into prepared baking dish.
* Bake for 25-30 min (or until a toothpick comes out clean or MOSTLY clean, I prefer a gooey brownie that hasn’t been completely cooked through).
* Cool at least 10-15 min before cutting.